SPICY CHICKEN BURGERS
Nothin’ like a good ol’ burger for dinner! How about a spicy one?! And in a mushroom bun so less of that processed bread! A super easy meal that will have you choosing the healthy version over the junk version for ever!
- 400g organic chicken mince
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of any leftover greens, finely diced (broccoli, grated zucchini (but with water squeezed out, kale, asparagus)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Sofia Spicy Seasoning
- 6 Portobello mushrooms (or organic sourdough slices)
- ½ red onion, cut into rings
- 1 avocado
- 3 slices of full fat cheese
- 3 big shakes of Siena garlic and herb seasoning
What you need:
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray. Sprinkle Mushrooms with Siena garlic and herb seasoning. Cook mushrooms for 20-30 minutes each side with a little olive oil over them.
- Combine all the chicken patty ingredients into a bowl and combine using your hands. Roll into patties. Heat a pan up with coconut oil and cook each patty for 6 minutes on each side.
- To assemble burgers, put one mushroom on the plate with the inside facing up and layer the chicken patty, some avocado slices, cheese and onion and place another mushroom on the top!