< BACK TO RECIPES
Although the name sounds a little naughty…these mushrooms aren’t naughty in the slightest.
4 portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup quinoa
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup corn kernels
1/2 red capsicum diced
1/4 cup diced coriander leaves
1 avocado to serve
What you need:
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Rinse the quinoa in water and then place in a saucepan. Add 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Fluff up with a fork
- Meanwhile, peel the skin off the mushrooms and remove some of the brown gills. Place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa with the onion, corn, coriander, capsicum and Sahara and mix well to combine. Serve on top of the mushrooms and with the avocado
- Use the leftover quinoa in salads!