CHICKEN OR TOFU FAJITA MEAL PREP BOWLS
Meal prep doesn’t have to be boring.
Spice up and shake up your weekly meals with this super tasty and versatile fajita bowls.
Choose either chicken or tofu to personalise it and make it your own, but either way… This will sure to be a lunchbox hit!
Chicken breast or tofu
2 red, yellow or green capsicums
1 red onion
1 can kidney beans
Juice of 1 lime
Quinoa and rice medley to serve
What you need:
- Preheat your oven to 170C. Cut up the capsicum and onion into long thin strips. Place then on a baking tray and stick them in the oven to cook.
- Cook the capsicum and onion for about 20-30 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't burn and stirring them occasionally.
- Next, cook your quinoa and rice medley according to packet. Once cooked, grab the containers you wish to use for your meal prep and evenly distribute the quinoa and rice amongst them. Set aside.
- Then grab your chosen protein source, whether that be the chicken or tofu and cut it up into bit size pieces and place it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the tofu or chicken with Sass Smokey Seasoning and rub it all in so that its all covered.
- Grab a frying pan and heat a small amount of oil over a medium heat. Once the pan is warm add your chicken or tofu and cook
- Next, grab your can of beans straining the water from the can and rinsing the beans well. Add them into a saucepan with the juice of a lemon, salt and pepper to taste and some Sass Smokey Seasoning.
- Mix to combine and cook over a medium heat. Once cooked add them to you meal prep containers.
- Check on your capsicum and onion mix and if cooked, take them out of the onion, and once again just like the rest of the meal, add them to your meal prep containers.
- Once your chosen protein source is cooked, top the meal prep containers with it, add any additions like avocado, more lime juice, salsa or fresh herbs like coriander
- Close the lids and there you have it. A super tasty meal ready for you in the fridge to grab and go.