BANGERS AND MASH
For that easy and no-fuss mid-week meal, we like to turn to a healthy but comforting favourite! Just make sure you choose good quality bangers from your local butcher that contain minimal ingredients.
Note: use your leftover sweet potato flesh from our ‘Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins ‘
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 high quality sausages
- Handful of green beans
- 1 corn cob
- leftover sweet potato mash or the flesh of 1 sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp Siena Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
What you need:
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a pan and cook the sausages for 10-15 minutes turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, cut the Corn off the cob and cook in a small fry pan with 1 tbsp coconut oil until cooked.
- To make the mash, mash the sweet potato flesh together with Siena Seasoning and 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- Steam the beans in a double boiler until tender. Serve everything on a plate, drizzle beans with olive oil and season with salt and pepper