ZUCCHINI AND CORN FRITTERS
How good are Fritters….like they are totally socially acceptable for breakfast, lunch or dinner AND you get a hit of veggies! Top them with some or all of your faves. We like them with poachies, avocado and even fresh pesto!
Makes 6-10 fritters
- 1 cup zucchini, grated (about 1 large zucchini)
- 1 corn on the cob, cut off (or you can use 1 cup of canned corn drained and washed well)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Sammy All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Something to have them with (egg, avo, cheese, pesto etc)
What you need:
- Grate the zucchini and place in a strainer. Add a pinch of salt and squeeze out any extra moisture
- Cut the corn off the cob and blanch for 5 minutes or until kernels are cooked
- Combine the zucchini, corn, almond meal, egg and seasoning and mix well
- Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan on medium heat. Add a spoonful of mixture to the pan and cook for 6 minutes each side. Repeat until all fritters are cooked. Serve with whatever you fancy!