WINTER ROOT BOWL
An easy bowl of goodness, that is nourishing for your adrenals and hormones during the winter. We love eating seasonally as it is great for the environment and our body.
- 2 cups kent or butternut pumpkin, cut into 3cm bubes
- 2 baby beetroots, steamed (just use the store bought ones), quartered
- 4-6 purple heirloom carrots
- handful of baby spinach
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
What you need:
- Preheat the oven to 190c and line a baking tray. Lay out the pumpkin and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Sammy seasoning. Cook for 20 mins.
- After 20 minutes, add the carrots to the same pan and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once the carrots and pumpkin is nearly cooked, heat the coconut oil in a fry pan and crack the egg in. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- To serve, add the spinach and top with beetroot, pumpkin and carrots. Add the egg and sprinkle Sally seasoning. Toss pepitas over the top and enjoy!