WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN
While roasting a whole chicken might look like too much of a task, it is actually so easy and when you get it right, you can get the whole carcass dry with leftovers! Use this way to achieve a juicy breast and crispy skin all over!
p.s. the reason why you should flip your chicken is so that some of the juice flows into the breast. This will prevent your breast from drying out and you’ll get crispy skin all over the chicken!
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 1 lemon, unwaxed if possible
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 4-5 garlic cloves, skin removed
- Sammy All Purpose Seasoning
What you need:
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a baking dish, place the chicken breast side up. Place the lemon, onion and garlic around the chicken. Sprinkle Sammy All Purpose Seasoning heavily over the chicken.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove from the oven and using tongs, turn the chicken over so that the breast is facing down and the back is facing up. The easiest way to do this is using a pair of tongs and insert one tong side into the chicken carcass and the other on top, hold the tongs tightly and then turn over.
- Return to the oven to cook for another 25 minutes. Then flip back to its original position for 10 minutes so the breast is facing up and the skin can get crispy again!