STUFFED EGGPLANTS WITH LEMON YOGHURT
While this dish may look very fancy, it’s quite the contrary! A super simple dinner or lunch that doubles as epic leftovers! Plus the lemon yoghurt is so good, you’ll be eating it by the spoonful!
- 2 eggplants, cut in half lengthways
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 400g lamb mince
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp Sahara or Sass Seasoning
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups cauliflower rice or quinoa
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- Lemon yoghurt:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup natural or coconut yoghurt
What you need:
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Make crosses on the eggplant flesh and roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, to make the meat mix, heat the coconut oil in a fry pan and add the mince and onion and cook until brown. Add either Sahara or Sass Seasoning, peas, cauliflower or quinoa and cinnamon and let cook for 10 minutes or until peas are soft.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and scoop out some of the flesh. Spoon the meat mixture into each eggplant.
- To make the yoghurt, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves and yoghurt.