SHREDDED CHICKEN WRAPS
Collard wraps might seem like a confusing and daunting task when you don’t know how to prepare them perfectly, but not to worry because we have your back! We love having wraps, but don’t enjoy the wheat filled part of it – so why not swap it for some Chinese broccoli?! Plus, when it’s filled with some delicious slow cooked chicken, you’ll be hoeing into the lot!
Serves 1 with leftovers for tomorrow!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp Sammy All-purpose Seasoning
- Chicken, shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced into sticks
- 1 red capsicum sliced into sticks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into sticks
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 2-3 bunches of Chinese Broccoli
- ½ an avocado
- your favourite Mingle Spice
What you need:
- In a slow cooker cook the chicken thighs and Sammy All Purpose Seasoning for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Remove and shred using two forks. Set aside. Alternatively, you can use leftover chicken or a roast chicken from the shops.
- Preheat the oven to 200c and roast the zucchini for 20 minutes until cooked. Alternatively, you can omit zucchini or steam it in the microwave to be speedy!
- To make the wraps, cut ½ of the bottom of the Chinese broccoli steam off each leaf. The best way to do this is use a sharp knife and carefully slice down either side of the stem to create the least amount of damage to the leaf. (watch the video on our Instagram for a clear demo)
- Then, in a pan, add enough water so that it is about 2cm deep and bring to a simmer. Blanch each leaf and set aside on some paper towel to drain.
- To make the wraps, add some avocado, chicken, cucumber, red capsicum, alfalfa sprouts, zucchini and a sprinkle of your favourite Mingle Seasoning.
- To wrap it up fold the bottom of the leaf over the filling, then fold each side of the leaf inwards to create an envelope like shape. Then roll it up! (Watch our video on Instagram for a clear demo)