A soul-warming dinner to cosy up to is our humble Shepard’s Pie. A classic favourite with a healthy twist that enables you to enjoy diving deep into childhood faves without a twinge of guilt afterwards!
- 500g mince of choice
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Sammy All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Nutritional yeast to serve
- Steamed greens to serve
What you need:
- Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan and saute the onion until golden. Add the mince, carrot and celery and continue to cook, breaking up the mince with a flat end wooden spoon
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower in a double boiler until very soft.
- Add the zucchini, Sammy and tomato paste to the chicken mince and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, blend the cauliflower, olive oil and salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside
- Place the mince mixture into a oven proof dish and cover with cauliflower mash. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast for a dairy free alternative to cheese.
- Serve with some steamed greens