ROASTED CARROT AND FENNEL SALAD
Summer is over and winter is just around the corner, but while we still have this random in-between weather, we also have an in-between salad! It’s got winter and summer vibes all in the one with the beautiful root veggies and warmth of the fennel and onion, accompanied by a fresh hit of lemon and mint straight from the garden!
Serves 2 as a side.
- 1 bunch carrots, 2cm of tops left on (washed well)
- 1 red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 bulb of fennel, roughly cut
- 2 Tbsp Sass Smokey Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 12 or so mint leaves
- ½ lemon, to serve
What you need:
- Preheat the oven to 190c and line a baking tray. Lay the carrots, onion and fennel down and sprinkle with Sass Smokey Seasoning and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in the oven until just golden and remove.
- Once veggies are cooked, toss the vegetables, pine nuts and mint leaves in a bowl and serve with ½ a lemon.