KNOW YOUR OILS
Most products these days contain man-made, synthetic and toxic ingredients. From the never ending list of names of sugar to the toxic vegetable oils. We believe that awareness is the first step in becoming a healthy and better version of yourself. However, we also understand how confusing all the information is out there!
Don’t fret though, we have compiled all our research into a very simple infographic that you can use when you go shopping.
Here are JUST 4 reasons vegetable oils are so bad for you.
- They are toxic to our arteries
- They disrupt basic functions like blood circulation
- They are harmful to our brain
- Cheap and are highly processed. They act as fillers in many processed foods in cakes, crackers, corn chips, hummus, pesto, sauces. They are used in these foods because they are a cheap ingredient and do not have a distinct taste.
Healthy oils like olive oil, coconut oil, avocados and sesame oil are:
- Heart-healthy and are anti-inflammatory to our body.
- They have a long history of safe and healthful use. Coconut oil is the most stable of all oils.
When choosing any oil always try to get unrefined and cold-pressed.
Olive oil – best to put on veggies after you’ve cooked them you can absorb the nutrients
Coconut oil – perfect for cooking at high heat
Sesame oil – perfect for the occasional stir fry
Avocado oil – great tasting oil for a salad dressing