HEALTH-IF-IED SAN CHOY BOW
Need a fast lunch or a speedy dinner? How about both! San Choy Bows can usually be filled with tonnes of sugar from the oyster sauce, not the mention oils that can’t stand the high heat but NEVER FEAR! Our Health-if-ed San Choy Bows are perfect for dinner, and you’ll have the best leftovers tomorrow for lunch (we reckon it tastes even better cold!). This recipe serves 3!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 500g organic chicken mince
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Siena Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 carrot, finely diced or grated
- ½ head of broccoli, diced
- ¼ head Chinese cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups bean shoots
- 3 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 spring onions, white parts chopped
- 6-8 iceberg lettuce cups kept intact *
- salt and pepper to serve
What you need:
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium fry pan and add the onion and Siena Garlic and Herb Seasoning. Once started to brown, add the carrot and chicken mince. Break up the chicken mince with a flat ended wooden spoon. Once chicken is cooked, add the broccoli, Chinese cabbage, bean shoots, tamari and fish sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- To serve, scoop chicken mix into a lettuce cup and top with spring onions*The trick is to cut the bottom of the lettuce off and run it under warm water when trying to peel off each cup. With the leaves not being attached to the base, they come off much more easily.