FENNEL AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This creamy and velvety soup is so much like potato and leek soup but without potatoes! Cauliflower and great for liver function and it makes for the best soup base.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or grass fed ghee
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 large fennel, diced
- 1 Tbsp Siena
- head of 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 500ml bone broth
- 1 tsp salt
What you need:
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté the coconut oil, leek, fennel and Siena until it softens
- Add the cauliflower, broth, thyme and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Transfer to a vitamix or use a handheld stick blender and blend until very smooth and creamy. Add salt and blend again
- (If you are using a regular blender, be very careful when blending because the lid will pop off as the soup is so hot)