CRUMBED LAMB CUTLETS
Crispy, golden and buttery — just the way we like it 😉
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 400g Japanese pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1cm rounds
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 lamb cutlets
- 3 slices of stale sourdough bread
- 1 Tbsp Sass Smokey Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp ghee, for cooking
- salt and pepper
What you need:
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray. Lay out the vegetables and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 40 minutes
- Meanwhile to make the breadcrumbs, add the bread and spice to a food processor and pulse until fine breadcrumbs form.
- Set up two bowls: 1 with 1 egg, whisked and the other with the breadcrumbs. Coat each cutlet in the egg mix and then in the breadcrumbs. Set aside
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn the oven off and leave the vegetables in the oven. Heat the ghee in a frying pan and cook the cutlets on medium heat for 4 minutes either side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the vegetables!