CAULIFLOWER RICE SUSHI
I’m sure we aren’t the only ones that aren’t OBSESSED with sushi?! Only problem is that it contains quite a lot of hidden sugar in the sushi rice, plus sometimes we like a version that doesn’t spike our blood sugar as much as white rice….soooooo hello cauliflower! We are also obsessed with cauliflower.
- 3 sheets of nori
- 3 chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Sofia Spicy Seasoning
- 1 cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 red capsicum cut into sticks
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 head of cauliflower
- Tamari to serve
What you need:
- Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan and add the chicken and Sofia Spicy Seasoning and cook for 3 minutes either side until flesh just pulls apart. Set aside
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until rice sized bits form. Sautee in a fry pan for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Lay out the nori sheets and add 2 scoops of rice, topped with a chicken tender sliced in half lengthways, some cucumber, red capsicum and avocado. Carefully roll keeping all the fillings together. (FYI the heat from the rice helps the nori to become soft and stick together when rolled)
- Use a serrated knife to cut into bite size pieces and enjoy with tamari.